Financial Claims Helpline


Many homeowners in the UK have been paying extra interest on their mortgages without their knowledge. This overpayment can run into many thousands of pounds. Financial Claims Helpline specialise in mortgage interest overcharge claims and can help you recover any overcharged  interest and potential compensation you may be entitled to.

How To Work Out If You have A Claim For Being Overcharged on your Mortgage Interest 

How to work out if your mortgage interest has been overcharged and how to claim compensation.

Do you have a mortgage of £60,000 or more?​

Was your mortgage was redeemed not more than 6 years ago?
Did you started a mortgage with an special rate which changed after the introductory period?
Has your lender not offered you an alternative rate?

If you answered YES to any of these questions then we will be able to help.

Have I Been Overcharged For My Mortgage

When a mortgage offer is made to a potential borrower this offer will specify the interest rate that applies to that mortgage. The borrower will accept this offer expecting to be charged the interest rate specified in the mortgage offer. Given the complexities of calculating interest the borrower puts their trust in the lender that the payments will be calculated correctly and in accordance with the agreement.

Unfortunately, many people have made over-payments on their mortgage due to miscalculations on the part of their mortgage lender. Many lenders have mis-allocated payments and applied incorrect interest rates. This has resulted in some borrowers being overcharged thousands of pounds which they are entitled to recover and claim compensation.

Mortgage overcharging may have occurred if:
    • You have a mortgage of £60,000 or more that is ongoing, or that was redeemed not more than 6 years ago
    • You entered into a mortgage with a special rate which changed after the introductory period expired (usually 2 – 3 years)
    • You have ever fallen into arrears with your mortgage
    • Your lender has not offered you an alternative rate

Do I Have a Claim

If you can answer YES to any of the above points then you may have a claim for recovery of  any overcharged  interest and potential compensation.

Make a Claim

To claim back your interest overpayments and compensation simply complete our online claim below

We are currently not taking on any new mortgage claims
​Please check back later